Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Abby can ride a bike!!!!

This is kind of a big deal.  On May 3, 2014, Abby officially learned how to ride her bike.  We've been calling her bike "the expensive chair" for the longest time because, well, that's what it was.  But no more.  This is literally the most we've seen Abby exert herself, ever.  She's a low energy kinda kid and that's what makes this so special to us.  I also learned I needed to work on my patience (or lack of) with her, not in just riding a bike but any aspect of learning with her.  I watched my dad help Abby along in the beginning and he has infinitely more patience than I do.  Then I thought, well, he did teach all 3 of us how to ride a bike AND drive a car.  I even had to buy Abby a new helmet because by the time she learned to ride, she'd already out grown her helmet!!!  Oh well, it's Lilly's now.  And Lilly is just scootin' along on her 3 wheel scooter now too!  She's got my great sense of balance and physical coordination.

 
Look at her!!!

My baby scootin' along.

This was our maiden voyage around the block.  I actually had to fast-walk/slow-run to catch up!  We were sooo proud of Abby on this day.  And you could see the excitement and pride in Abby's face too.  :)

And I'm just going to take the opportunity to tack on a bunch of random pictures from this month right here.  There's no rhyme or reason for these pictures besides "I like them" so here goes.

Clip-clop, clip-clop.

Like mother, like daughter.  There are pictures of me pretending to model next to manniquins when I was her age.  :)

Monkey see, monkey do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Abby is our cuddler and there are NUMEROUS pictures of her sleeping on either Bryce or me like this.  It's definitely one of my favorite pictures and things to do.  I really wish Lilly did the same.

Someone wasn't happy about me putting her hair up in a pony tail.  All I wanted to do was see how it looked on her!  And then take a few hundred pictures!  >:P

It's gettin' there!

Lilly rarely cuddles up on anyone so this was a super sweet, super rare moment of tenderness on her part.  Abby was so sweet - she didn't want to move because she didn't know how long it was going to last and she wanted it to last forever!!!

Abby's been sick on and off lately and Lilly really wanted to help out.

She's actually pretty good at it!

Here's a typical picture of Lilly tolerating Abby's affection.

I took Lilly to the park one day - just the two of us - so I was able to take a bunch of pictures.

She let me know that she has out grown the baby swing.

There are pictures of Ruby and me on similar things in Hermann Park.  :)

R&R at Grandma & Grandpa's house.  That's the life!

Trip #1 to TCBY this summer.

My new favorite picture of me and the girls.

Dancing duo at Toddler Time at our local library.

Both girls temporary tattooing each other one morning.

Just like when the Baldwin's were here, they built a tent again.  It never gets old!

Abby wanted a tattoo just like her daddy.  UH-OH!  :o

Proof that I can't sit on the couch without both girls wanting to sit in my lap.

My mom reading Abby's first journal at school!

Abby kept asking my dad to dip her while they danced - haha!  She wanted her hair to fall backwards and swing her free arm out.  How specific!  :)

Both pretend sleeping.  I wish it would happen for real!

No comments: