Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Abby is 17 months old!

I'm one day late but our little Abby is now 17 months and 1 day old.  She has grown from a little baby to a little girl right before my very eyes.  My nephew Elliott is a constant reminder for me of my baby Abby and I hope Ruby is really cherishing every moment now, while it lasts.  I completely see why mommies want another baby when they see or hold new babies. 

We've had yet another jam packed week - hence my week long hiatus.  There's no better place to start than the beginning so here goes!  :)  First of all, we were finally able to capture a Longhorn family photo! 
GO HORNS!

I've mentioned before that Abby is such a little girl and this is just more evidence.  She has been going through a shoe fetish phase (maybe it will last a life time just like mommy!) where she likes to wear anyone's shoes around the house.  Well, turns out she made "shoes" out of her rings as well.  She pranced around like this for a good 30 minutes - too funny!

Elliott was also baptised this past Sunday and we were so proud of him - he did so well.  :)  I'm sure Ruby will post more pictures so I'll just post my favorite from the bunch.  Elliott is wearing the same outfit Matt wore when he was baptised too - so sweet.  :)

Abby and I spent the week with Lao Nian and Lao Yie again so Ruby and Elliott came over on Wednesday again and we got more cousin bonding time!  I can't get over how big Elliott has gotten and he's just 3 months old!  Abby just adores him and can't stop kissing him - even his little feet!  :)
Mwa!

Lao Yie reading to Abby.

Unfortunately Abby got sick (again) so I spent the second half of the week taking care of a UBER CLINGY baby.  This is the worst one yet.  She's always just had a fever with no other symptoms but now it's a fever and runny/plugged up nose.  Poor thing can't breathe well and I've spent the last few days just cuddling/consoling my poor little baby.  My back is killing me but as long as Abby is comfortable, I'm OK.  :)

Because of the illness, we stayed an extra night and this was the subsequent outfit we came home in.  Nothing matches but at least she's still well enough to play and eat!  :)

Hopefully this illness passes quickly as I'd like my happy-go-lucky baby back, please!  :)  On a side note, she can now say "jo jo" (aka Uncle Kirk) but it sounds more like "do do" and she is starting to learn the alphabet and knows "a, e, m, r, o and q." 

3 comments:

Ruby and Matt said...

cute!!! i was gonna update my blog tonight but we went to BW3 for dinner instead. :P i went over to pearland on wednesday, not monday....for zhong cho jie (mid-autumn moon festival).

Ruby and Matt said...

i love the longhorn family photo! that is a good one to frame!

Laura said...

cute pics!!!