Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day weekend and then some

First of all, I have to say that I have the 2 sweetest sisters, hands down.  Lilly is only 5+ months old and you can already tell she is absolutely in love with her big sister and Abby is just over the moon about her little sister.  It warms my heart when Abby tells me she thinks she has the cutest sister in the whole wide world.  They are really starting to interact and play together and Abby's including her mei mei in almost everything she plays with.  And Lilly, being the second child, is willing to do anything her big sis wants her to do.  ♥

Just a quick update on both kiddos:  Abby's really excited about school starting on Thursday!  We have our "Meet the Teacher" tomorrow and she's also excited about that.  I've been kinda spoiled and used to having my Xiao Xiao at home with me this summer so while I'm looking forward to some time with just me and mei mei, I'm going to miss Abby while she's at school.  Abby is starting to slim down and lose some of her baby fat.  She's looking more and more like a child and not my little toddler.  :(  I mentioned before that Abby loves watching Giada.  That still stands and everything make-believe in our house for several weeks now has to do with cooking, baking, seasoning, tea parties, fancy dinners, etc.  If it's got anything to do with food, she's made an event out of it.  Lilly is getting very responsive to her surroundings now.  She's strong enough to sit in the Bumbo too.  She's our good sleeper {knock on wood} and continues to suck her thumb/fingers.  My favorite, and the ultimate trifecta, is when she's sleeping with her butt up in the air sucking one thumb while playing with her hair with her other hand.  I'll admit it, I just stand there smiling and staring at her to make sure I make a permanent memory of that pose.  ♥  She seems to be more clingy to me than Abby was at this age.  I'm pretty much the only person she allows to hold her and while it's tiring for me (and particularly my buff arms), I wouldn't trade it for the world.  They are only this small once and time flies so I will hold her 24/7 if she wants me to.  I just love me some Lilly!

Ok, on to the pictures!  We had a jam packed holiday weekend and Abby played HARD.  We spent all of Saturday at our friend's house where Abby played with 7 other kids for almost 12 hours.  Then we spent all Sunday at Grandma and Grandpa's where the fun continued.  Of course, there was swimming involved which always wears her out.  She got to spend the night Sunday night and woke up to blueberry pancakes and more swimming in the pool!  She had an absolute blast of a long weekend but by the time she came home, she was a super fussy gus in desperate need of sleep.  Needless to say, she was in bed early tonight and I know we'll have our sweet girl back in the morning.  :)

I've been trying to get a good picture of my little thumb sucker.  This is as good as I can get so far.

Double Trouble.
Nuff said.

Did I mention Abby loves to kiss her baby sister?  Luckily Lilly loves it too.  ♥

I was trying to take a cute picture of the 2 of them but with the camera flash, one of them always had their eyes shut.  So I turned the flash off and Mei Mei kept looking down and the next thing I know, Abby's "helping" by propping her head up and this was the result.  Lilly looks SUPER chubbed out but I love this picture all the same!

This picture only made a post debut because Abby took it.  Not bad.

Abby:  Hahaha!  Mommy, she grabbed my hair!  :)

This was so sweet.  It's a perfect example of them starting to play together.  Abby had her little Elmo toy and Lilly was so curious so I put her on the couch next to Abby and she crawled her way up and was reaching for the toy.  Abby was so sweet sharing with her too.  :)  

Look at them laughing it up!  ♥  Abby now requests for me to put mei mei on her several times a day.  I think Abby enjoys the attention as much as mei mei does.

Abby convinced us to drag out the ol' tent to play "Big Bad Wolf."  Lilly wanted in on the action so the 3 of us squeezed in.  It's me and my girls!

Party in the pool!

Abby is "making a pizza" for Aunt Karen.  :)

Grandma and her little thumb sucker!

Deuces!!
More tent time - they just love it!

Their first tea party together!  ♥

Abby:  Yummy tea!
Lilly:  I want some!

No comments: