Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

First This, First That

Today was Abby's 1st day of school again!  :)  We talked about it last night and thankfully she was super excited about school starting again.  We met her 2 teachers on Tuesday and they seem very nice and several parents had good things to say about them so I'm excited too.  I couldn't sleep last night - I think I was more excited for Abby than she was.  {Drum roll.....}  I'm happy to report that drop-off was a success this morning!  No tears from either of us - just lots of standing and staring for Abby but that's on par for her.  I stayed long enough to see her finally move away from the front door and into the classroom.  Still staring.   :)  She's our little observer, for sure.

Abby's 1st day in the Bunny class!  ♥
I wish those parents weren't standing in the background of my picture.

Soaking it all in...

On another note, I've been spoiling both myself and our little Lilly.  This is the first time I've 100% nursed a baby so I've been being lazy and completely enjoying all of our bonding time.  Did I mention I hate pumping?  So we fell into the inevitable trap of Lilly refusing to drink from a bottle.  We tried a month ago to re-introduce a bottle with success but again, our fault, we didn't keep up with it (hence this being sort of a new "first").  But this time Bryce and I were steadfast and after 5 hours of on and off crying/consoling, our baby drank formula from a bottle!  YES!  She did it twice yesterday too!  I'll leave out all the details but I only plan on nursing for 6 months before our trip so I kinda have a deadline that I need to hit.  THANKFULLY we made quick progress and Bryce and I have vowed to keep it up this time.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel for me - the road to freedom is near.  I can finally go somewhere for more than 3 hours at a time soon.  But I sure am going to miss nursing.  I get teary eyed just thinking about it but I know it will have to end sometime.  

Consoling in between bottle attempts.

2 days ago we tried giving Lilly rice cereal for the first time too.  At this point, we hadn't re-introduced the bottle yet but she ate the rice cereal like a champ!  We thought 'wouldn't it be funny if she could eat from a spoon but still couldn't drink from a bottle?'  That didn't seem right.  We decided we jumped the gun and will come back to rice cereal when she's 6 months old like we did with Abby.  That's enough "firsts" for our family this week.  :)

No comments: