Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tough Mudder AND St. Arnold One Pot Showdown

This was a BIG weekend for Bryce and his buddies.  He's been training for the Tough Mudder for several months now and on Saturday, he can finally say he DID IT!  I must say, it's so unfair that he always gets completely into top notch shape WHEN I'M PREGNANT AND RESEMBLE A WHALE but I was very proud and happy for him for completing the Tough Mudder event.  It's a 12 mile long race with 28 military style obstacles in between.  Bryce wore a head cam and I will try to post some videos as soon as they are uploaded. 

The Mudder Fuggers

Then on Sunday, he and part of his Tough Mudder team turned right around and participated in the St. Arnold One Pot Showdown for the 2nd year in a row.  Their team, also named Mudder Fuggers, made delicious stout braised short ribs with an elissa jicama slaw.  We made a practice run of this dish last weekend and everyone loved it and apparently so did a lot of the St. Arnold judges!  Although they did not place, they were in the top 10 (out of 50 teams) this year!!!  Woohoo!!!  And despite messing up their team name, they got a shout out for being a "standout team" in this article.  Makes me wish I were there with them this year!

We are missing Brandon but this was the team plus 2 wives (wish I were there too!).

I made these signs in less than an hour.  This wasn't my best effort (but considering I'm 31 weeks pregnant - it's damn good) but it was clear and concise.  You knew what you were going to be tasting when you went up to their tent.

Bryce prepping the jicama slaw.

I'm going slightly out of order but in honor of Tough Mudder, Bryce shaved a mohawk in his hair, fu manchu and super flared out side burns.  It was awesome and Abby and I were having fun making funny faces in the mirror while watching Daddy sculpt his head and facial hair.

You can't really see the mohawk but it's there!

Abby: "Mama, can you take a picture of us making siwwy faces?"
Me: "OK!"

1 comment:

Amee said...

omg this post made me smile and laugh!!!! hwo funny! Congrats to Bryce and his team and what a cool shoutout in the article!!!?!? love the mohawk!