As for ringing in the New Year last night, it was Abby's 4th or 5th time to stay up until midnight since school let out so in that sense, it was no big deal for her. I mentioned this back in the Christmas post but I love that Abby understands that it's a New Year celebration so she got to share in our excitement at the stroke of midnight. I got a kiss from Bryce at midnight and Abby said "But where's MY New Year's kiss, Daddy?" Well, she didn't know she was next in line already. :)
These pictures are from the last week. We have had SO much family fun time while Bryce has been on vacation and at home with us. Abby is still thoroughly enjoying all of her new Christmas gifts, as are we. For one thing, I got a new griddle to make pancakes on for Abby and I got to try it out for the first time. It was a HUGE success! I even got crazy (for me) and made Mickey and Minnie Mouse pancakes and even a little bunny pancake! Of course, Abby just ate the ears but she loved it and I was so happy to see the excitement in her face (I'm easily amused).
Minnie Mouse pancake (I thought it was Mickey but I was promptly corrected).
Bunny pancake. Next time I need to put in blueberry eyes or something.
We were able to have a super fun playdate with my old roommate of 3 years who was in town for the holidays. Her son O just turned 2 and we wanted to get our kids together. Once again, the playdate was another example of how boys will be boys and girls will be girls. :) We ended up going for a hike in the park because the tree trimmers were working around the playground and O was heading straight for the mud puddles while Abby was cautiously walking around them. O was a proficient ball kicker and Abby was trying to pick up the dirty ball with as few fingers as possible and kept asking me to wipe her hands when she touched the ball or anything muddy. It was so funny to see how obviously they are innately hardwired.
Abby (2 yr 8 mth) and O (2 yr)
Abby had fun playing with O that afternoon and I hope they get to play together again next year!
It's been a while so I'm going to mention a few things our little Abby is into nowadays. For one, she made a new friend in the last week. Her name is Newie and no one has ever seen her before except for Abby. Yes, it's her first imaginery friend. All we know is that Newie's favorite color is orange because she has orange hair and orange eyes. And she's younger than Abby because she calls herself Abby jie jie and Newie is mei mei. We think she is actually referring to her future baby sister because we talk about her a lot and Abby is pretending that Newie is her baby sister. So she says stuff like "Newie can wear my clothes that are too small because I'm so big!" We'll know in a few months if Newie will stick around when Baby Baker #2 makes her appearance.
Abby is continuing to talk up a storm all day long and I swear I spend half my day laughing at all the funny things that come out of her mouth!! I absolutely love this age! I love that she can verbalize what is going on in that big head of hers and we can actually have discussions together. She's still learning Chinese from me and my family. She understands a lot more than I thought she would but she still tends to respond in English. I'm still working on that. Her latest favorite words to use is "da-cuz" which is short for "that's because." In her monologues, she's generally explaing some sort of logic to us so there's lots of "my baby clothes are too small da cuz I'm growing bigger da cuz I love to eat and that makes me grow da cuz that's what babies do etc." You get the idea. :P
And lastly, she continues to be UBER sweet. She is the ultimate cuddle bug and I love, love, love it to bits. I still probably kiss her 50 times a day and we spend about a total of 30 minutes a day just hugging or holding each other. It seems she has an internal quota to reach each day so randomly throughout the day I'll hear "Mommy, can you come here and cuddle with me?" So of course, I drop whateve it is I'm doing and we cuddle until she's on to the next thing. Bryce just thinks we are ri.di.cu.lous but when she asks him too, he melts like butter on a hot skillet. :P She literally just said to me "Mommy, I'm going to take good care of you when you have my baby sister" while she cuddled up on my arm. Seriously??? I get teary eyed in my hormonal state.
My little monkey. She's still going through her growth spurt and is eats more than Ruby does (according to Ruby). ;P
And on a random side note, my mom gave me about 8 or 9 lemons from her lemon tree and I decided to make fresh lemonade! I ended up with 2 cups of fresh lemon juice which made about 12 cups (3/4 gallon) of lemonade. It is delicious and Abby is over the moon excited about it. :)
Can't figure out how to turn this picture but you get the idea. YUM!



2 comments:
your baby is JUMBO!!!! cute post!
Thanks for the post! O had a great time at the playdate (that's why he passed out in the car afterward). Abby is such a sweetie, it makes me hope that our #2 might be a girl! :)
Post a Comment