Just look at that concentration.
Last night ABC showed 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' and those that know me, know I love Charlie Brown and anything that came out of Charles M. Schulz's creative mind. So it was super fun to cuddle with my Xiao Xiao on the couch and enjoy the special on TV. This is not a great pic of me but it captures the moment, which I love. :)
Vegged out.
I usually don't get Abby gimicky clothes but I couldn't pass this up and she loves it! I've never seen her get so excited about her t-shirt. I didn't get a picture of her initial smile but take my word for it, it was priceless!
"Yie Yie!"
That's what she calls the Kai Lan show for some reason. :)
I haven't mentioned any milestones lately so here are a couple more new things she has learned recently.
1. She is continually learning the alphabet. She knows A, B, D, E, F, I, L, M, N, O, Q, R, S, T, X and Y. And she knows a few of them in lower case too. Apparently I wear a lot of shirts that say "TEXAS" on it because she knows all those letters now! And she can spell her own name now too (and Elmo as well)!! Woohoo - our plan of having a short, simple name has paid off. :P
2. She's working on her numbers too. The problem is I teach her in both Chinese and English but she's mostly picked up the Chinese so she knows "yi", "er" and "wu" (that's 1,2 and 5). Pretty random, huh? She saw the number "10" on Sesame Street and said "yi" and then the letter "O." Haha - close!
3. She has used the words "on" and "off" (thanks to light switches) since she was 8 or 9 months old and it was so great to hear her use it for something other than switches! Now that it's cold outside, I put a jacket on her a lot and when she gets hot, she'll say "off!"
4. Some random new words: shoes (sounds more like "oosh"), Pooh (from Winnie the Pooh doll), Elmo, Ernie, Abby (the flying fairy from Sesame Street), lately she's resurrected "hi" instead of just waving at people, she tries to say Elliott but it just sounds like "at," she tries to say giraffe but it just sounds like "af," boo-boo (for any ouchies that she or anyone has), elbow and lastly, bubbles!
5. We started taking her to Gymboree about a month ago and she LOVES it! :) She especially loves the Gymbo stamps in the end!
6. She still grunts a lot when she wants something so I'm trying to encourage her to "use her words" whenever she grunts at me. So far it's working and the grunting has reduced. Whew!
7. The latest trick I've taught her is to flex her arms and "ggrrr" when I ask her to show me how strong she is! Haha! I hope to get this on video sometime soon - it's ridiculously cute! I'll be the first to admit I am using my child for my own amusement. :) She cracks up after she does it too so we're all having fun!
That's all I can think of now. We have a fun filled weekend planned again and I'm so excited!


No comments:
Post a Comment