Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

So much in the last week!

What fun for Abby - we did so much in the last week.  A lot of people have told me that this is the fun age and boy were they right.  I love that Abby's personality is really starting to come through more and more each day.  She is learning to do so much so quickly.  She went through another growth spurt too and she looks like such a big girl now.  And I miss my little baby so of course I went through her old pictures and took a stroll down memory lane.  I really gotta stop doing that because I tear up every time.  Pathetic, I know but I can't help it! 

The weather has finally warmed up enough so we brought Abby out to play in her Pack N Play while we raked the front yard.  She is really good about keeping herself busy and you can tell she enjoyed being outside in the sun/shade and fresh air.  :) 

Grandma and Grandpa came over and Abby got a Valentine's book!  We got to spend quality family time outside while Daddy kegged his latest beer (Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA clone - delicious!). 

Xiao Xiao was playing peek-a-boo - it was so cute!

I guess Xiao Xiao got bored while we were having our Valentine's Day dinner....

Daddy was in CA for work last week so Abby and I packed up to spend the week at Lao Nian and Lao Yie's.  We had so much fun!  My mom and I took Abby to see the ducks and geese out by the pond.  The ducks weren't very nice.  One kept charging at the geese and then sort of started charging at me so we took off.  Xiao Xiao is such a people watcher so she just soaked this up.

We spent one afternoon doing what girls do best - shopping!  It's a time old tradition for my mom, Ruby and I to go shopping so it was nice to be able to shop with Abby too!  Here is a picture of some random, ornate chair in Nordstrom.  Believe it or not, I didn't take Abby to the shoe section - shame on me.  Next time, for sure.

There happen to be a choo-choo train in the Galleria so Abby and I went for a ride in the caboose!  Choo-choooo!  We had lots of fun riding around and waving at everybody.  :)

Abby doesn't really cry, she makes a fat-baby-lower-lip face to let you know she's unhappy.  She made this same face the second she was born.  :)

Jo Jo lent Abby a keyboard to play with and she went to town!  BANG! BANG! BANG!

One big milestone this week is that Abby can officially feed herself now!  It started out with 1 out of every 10 cheerios, then every other and now anything goes!  Mommy and Daddy are proud of you Abby!

There are so many pics of Abby with my mom, here's one of Abby with my dad!

We're at the phase where Abby starts repeating what we say so no more accidental cussing!  :o  She is more responsive to what we say too - it's pretty neat.  In addition to "pai yi pai", she will clap her hands when we say "pai pai shou", she will wipe her own mouth with a burp cloth when we say "cha cha zui ba", kiss you when we say "qin qin [fill in the blank]", she knows she's in trouble when you say "no-no" and my dad taught her "er duo" which means ear!  She just stood on her own for 6 seconds - somehow that brings a ridiculous amount of enjoyment for us.  :)  I feel like I'm leaving something out but that's it for now. 

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

6 seconds is a long time!!!!

:)

Karen said...

Oh my goodness!! That bottom lip maneuver is so adorable, I love it! She is too precious!