Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Although we live on the out skirt of Houston, we love the location of our home relative to a few of our favorite places.  There is no surprise that the majority of places on my list have to do with food.  These places are all within a 1.5 mile radius, which we love.  So here they are in no particular order. 

1. Chick-fil-a - If only they were open on Sunday's as well....
2. Target - It was literally on my way home from work so if I had a bad day at work (pre-baby), I would stop by Target (aka my happy place) until it was time for dinner.  It always made me feel better.  :)
3. Freebirds - I will never tire of this place and it will always remind me of college. 
4. Jimmy Johns - which is literally next door to Freebirds so it's ALWAYS a tough call on which to eat at.
5. Berryhill - Lazy Sunday morning Berryhill Original Breakfast tacos....always hits the spot.
6. IHOP - The key is to beat the church crowd...I could eat the entire menu.
7. Panera Bread - I love their decaf coffee.  Also perfect on a cold, weekend morning and it's cheaper and tastes better than Starbucks!
8. And the new one on the list...FIVE GUYS - cross between In and Out and Red Robin but with killer Cajun fries.  Unfortunately it's the new high school kiddy hang out but if you can get past the too-tight slim jeans, emo hair, converses and jocks, it's a great family place.  :) 

3 comments:

Linda Alyce said...

oh, making me miss Houston. I thought that nearly impossible to do. Go to Target and rub the carts for me.

The Bakers said...

Hahaha....consider it done.

Ruby and Matt said...

just wanted to say i ate a chik-fil-a twice this week. :) yum.