Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Long weekends, we love you!

All I can say is, I'm done with the sun.  I'm not a big fan of sun bathing or being out in a pool for that matter (I'm a homebody, through and through) but I suck it up because I have a husband and baby girl who love to be in the sun.  The constant cycle of being outside, sweating to death, consuming way to many beers due to the heat and consequently slightly dehydrated the next morning, only to do it over again the next day has aged me in this short, but long weekend.  And I didn't even mention the 25+ mosquitoes that turned me into a buffet-fest.  Ok, I'm done whining; onto the fun stuff!

Once again, I have not taken ANY good pictures from our pool parties and festivities but I can start off with a few random pictures from late last week.

We gave this mug a test drive in an attempt to graduate from her sippy cup.  She could drink out of it but she wasn't too good about keeping it up-right just yet.  We'll add that to the list of things we are working on.  And yes, this is my Shipley Donuts cup!  You can buy it at any store and get discounts on coffee.  It has a lid on it too like those Aladdin thermos cups you've seen.

Way to go, Xiao baby!

Just look at the excitement!  There's a HUGE smile behind that mug.  :)

I call this picture "Hobo Baby."  For some reason this picture really cracked me and Bryce up.  Not sure if it's absurd to others but we got a good laugh.  :)

We spent Saturday at Lao Nian and Lao Yie's house and Jo Jo got Abby a new DVD to watch.  Can you tell we were watching after dinner?  Everyone was losing the battle.  :)  We had a fun filled day of playing inside and also in the pop-up pool outside.  This is what happens after you consume ribs!

We spent Sunday at a friend's pool party and somehow, both Bryce and Abby were still interested in eating outside today.  Abby discovered Capri Sun's at the pool party yesterday too.  Needless to say, she loves it!

Bryce had the fan (you can barely see but it's behind Abby's head) outside to help keep cool and of course Abby had a blast (no pun intended) standing in front of it like any other 2 year old.  :)  Thankfully they both got their fill and we had dinner inside. 

We had such a great time with both friends and family this weekend.  Thank you to everyone who had us over!  We really appreciate it and we had so much fun.  I ended the long weekend by going outlet shopping with Janice, just like old times and it was the BEST.  I love good sales even more than long weekends!

No comments: