Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another fun-filled weekend!

These last few days have been jam packed with fun activities for Abby and for us!  Over all I'd say it was a successful weekend and a great way to end Sunday night.  :)  I'll let the pictures tell the stories - here goes!

I call this "Baby in a box."  This is a bad blackberry picture but you get the idea.  :)

On Friday we met my parents at the Galleria and this time Lao Yie took Abby on the train ride so my mom and I could shop (more efficiently).  Last time she sat in the caboose so this time she sat in the front and she had so much fun again!  My dad said she kept asking "Where's Lao Nian and Mommy?"

We did some major house cleaning this weekend and I finally cleaned out these cabinets for Abby to store yet more of her ever growing stash of toys.  She calls this her closet and tried to close herself inside - silly girl!

While I'm glad she knows to smile for the camera now, I am still waiting for a more natural looking smile.  These goofy grins will have to do the trick for now.  :D

Abby & Daddy!

This little girl decided to not take a nap again (stage 2 of sporadic naps - ugh!) so she played and played and played outside and ran around in the sprinkler too.  I love it when her cheeks are all flushed.  :)

Abby & Daddy again!

This morning Abby helped her Daddy make some home made pizza dough.  She's quite the little helper!

I did all this research to find a fun inflatable pool for Abby and then I happen to come upon this one on clearance for $20 so all my research efforts went straight out the window.  Luckily, this was a huge success!  Abby really loves the slide and spent 2 hours in it this afternoon!

We hadn't gotten around to buying an air compressor so Bryce and  I were trying to blow this up with the bike tire pump.  Needless to say, we were a sweaty mess before our neighbor happen to stop by and lend us their air compressor.  They saved the day and Bryce and I were so hot, we decided to take a dip in the pool too.  It was a huge family fun time success and we can't wait to use it again later this week!

You can't play in a pool without eating a popsicle!

After a long weekend of non-stop cleaning,  re-organizing the house and playing in the pool, we all worked up an appetite.  Bryce smoked lots of chicken and made another one of his delicious all-out-for-no-reason-except-that-he-loves-to-cook meals to cap off our productive weekend.  Our child has quite the palette.  She ate organic smoked chicken legs (yes, plural - about 3 of them!), prime filet mignon, heirloom tomatoes, coriander baked potato pieces and her favorite, haricot vert.  She had all but the arugula and wine for dinner.  She then got a good shower, had a good dump and fell asleep like an angel.  :)  That's our little girl!

No comments: