Please disregard the obviously mismatched clothes in the following picture. You would think that Daddy dressed her that day but in fact, I did. Her original matching bloomers got dirty so I just put on the next pair of shorts in line. :) Abby has this little bee beanie (that came with a matching bee bathing suit that is too small for her) that she insisted on wearing last night. She normally doesn't like wearing hats so we were surprised she kept asking us to put this on her head. And by asking us, I meant she would extend her arms out to us with beanie in hand, say "uugh!" and then lean her head forward and look down - just waiting to be crowned with a bee beanie. It was adorable! And voila, this is the end result.
On another Abby milestone update, she now says to us "dai-pth" and points to her daiper right after she poopies. I guess she's at that age where having a lump of poop in her daiper is uncomfortable so what she's really saying is "I just pooped. Someone needs to clean me now." And it's funny because we never taught her this. She just did it on her own one day and it's now an every day occurence.
The other udpate is that she seems to recognize the letter "i" - but only in lower case. She says "eye" all the time (more on that in a later post - trying to catch a video of her in action) but she also says "i" and points to the letter if she sees it. We thought it was a fluke when she pointed to both "i's" on the word Kitchenaid on the dishwasher but then she pointed at the "i" on Grandma's shirt that said Tmobile. My dad has been teaching her letters for a while now so I think it's slowly sinking in. I will continue to observe and see if it's a HUGE coincidence or if it's for real!
One of my long time hobbies is card making and now with my beloved Cricut Expression, I've made more cards, door knob signs and garlands. I decided to make a quick one for Elliott before I headed over on Saturday. It's now hanging over his changing table. :) I'm still learning how to make these better. Next time I will use more ribbon but I am in the process of slowly collecting material as needed (I love the 40% off coupons at Michael's).


4 comments:
Cute!!! A friend of mine made a banner for Audrey's birthday...use a hole punch and attach two ribbons per circle - it will hang much better.
Yeah, I wanted to tie Ruby's with a yellow and blue ribbon as well but didn't have any (never really been a ribbon person). I used the same ribbon I bought for Audrey's door knob sign! :P
I have a request for a door knob hanger. Our guest room is going to be occupied with Jerry for the most part so I want a "Jerry's room" hanger. Please Rosa, please.
Linda - consider it done! I'll start working on it ASAP!
Post a Comment