1. The biggest is she said her first word! What was it, you say? {{drum roll}} She said "CAT!" :) She actually points at a cat and says "cat" in her sweet, small way. At first is was just "ca" and then she learned to add the "t" sound to the end. Both grandparents have cats but it was good ol' Zeus that she learned it from (compliments of Lao Nian). We were so excited!
2. And my dad, Lao Yie, taught her something new too. If you say bi zhe (which means 'nose' in Chinese), she'll point at your nose!! How cool is that? :) We thought we'd teach her how to say eyes in Spanish and mouth in English and really mess with her. Haha! No...being bilangual is good enough for now.
3. A few weeks ago she mastered the pincer grasp (picking up small objects with thumb and pointy finger). She points at things all the time now. Generally she does it when she's feeling new textures (i.e. flowers on blankets).
4. She LOVES to stand all the time now. At 7 months she mastered going from her tummy to either her knees or sitting to pulling herself up on anything. She can sort of balance herself standing for a few seconds and then you gotta catch her. My mom says I started walking at 10 months so maybe Abby is on track with me. We'll see!
5. She loves bath time even more now that she can sit well and can now splash, splash, splash with her little hands and feet! I think I get as much joy watching her as she does playing. It's a win-win for Mommy. :D I love it!
6. On a not so nice development, now that Abby is more mobile and vocal, she has also become opinionated! She lets you know when she's unhappy or upset. I'm still in the phase where I still think her pouty face is cute; we'll see how long that lasts. :P
7. Oh! I almost forgot! This should be higher up on the list but Abby kisses me back!! Talk about melting your heart out....it's so sweet and I get super excited each time. It usually happens when I'm holding her in my arms and she'll grab my face and lean in to my face. The first time she did it, I thought it was a fluke. But then she did it again and again and it's been about a week now. She finally learned to imitate me, I suppose. I kiss her about 100 times a day (so Bryce says). :{}
8. This is more of an observation on our part but when Abby is in a new environment, she's very much the people watcher (just like M&D - apple didn't fall too far from the tree). She loves to sit really still and observe people and things. It's interesting to watch because I'm always wondering what's going on in that brain of hers. Ruby and I are VERY observant people. We notice everything (right, Ams?) - wonder if Abby got it too.
9. Abby saw her first snow 2 weekends ago too. We were on our way to Pearland my parents got about 3 inches of snow!
Abby likes to play with our drawstrings
I call this the "chao pi gu" (butt in the air) picture because that is what she's doing. There are lots of pictures and Ruby and I sleeping like this too. :)
Whatever Daddy said sure is roll over funny! :D
Bed head. Good morning, xiao xiao!
We still have her fall asleep in our arms - I can't help it! Screw Ferber, she sleeps through the night anyhow. :)
I just like this picture.
Abby got her own, appropriately sized stocking at Grandma and Grandpa's! Unfortunately we won't have a tree up in our house this year since our bedroom furniture is in our living room.
Abby got an early Christmas gift. She loves it! :)
I think Zeus has a shorter attention span than Abby.
Think she needs a hair cut? Nah...Mommy's going to let her hair grow long like my mom did with us. :)


2 comments:
finally!!!!
I LOVE ALL THE UPDATES!!! :)
Post a Comment