Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Abby is 6 months old!

...and 2 days.  :)  What a week we've had!  The weather has finally decided to cool down and we've been taking advantage of it.  But first we had to 'winterize' Abby which means she got to wear long sleeves and pants (thanks KS/Rowan)! 


She has prefected the crawl stance but no substantial crawling yet.  :)  Patience is a virtue.


The tickle monster made another appearance.  Every mother loves the sound of their child's laughter - it's just the best!  No one warned me they would get exponentially louder....my goodness!  She says "mamama" and "bababa" and learned to make "G" sounds recently.  :)  In Chinese, mom is Ma Ma and dad is Ba Ba so Abby learned to say our names!!  Woohoo!!  :P


Now that Abby can move around faster, I got a huge king sized quilt for her to crawl all over and she loves the freedom!! 


And now that there are slightly less mosquitoes with the cooler weather, we've been taking Abby outside more often for some fresh air and strolls around the neighborhood.  She just soaks everything in and really enjoys it!


I just like this picture.  She's all bundled up and ready to eat.  :)  Life is so easy when you're a baby.


Grandma and Grandpa got Abby some 6 month birthday gifts and she really loved it!  :)  She even got an Abby sized birthday balloon!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!




On Sunday we had a special treat.  Lao Nian, Abby and I had afternoon tea at St. Regis!  I hadn't been there since my wedding day and I had my bridal portraits taken in the Tea Room so it was a special treat to take Abby back to where it all began.  :)  We got all dolled up and took lots of pictures.  Abby was on her best behavior and couldn't have been cuter.








4 comments:

Tabatha said...

I can't believe she's 6 months old already!!!!

Ruby and Matt said...

very nice update!! she looks like she's want to eat the flowers at st. regis! i'm glad i got to spend all day friday with her!!!

a-yi

Laura said...

cutie!

Meredith and TJ said...

So cute! Maybe the tea can be an annual tradition with your mom, & abby and you. How fun!