My sweet baby Lilly turns 2 this Thursday and we celebrated her birthday this past Sunday at our house with a Sunday Brunch. It was also Ruby and my birthday so it was a joint party for 2 Baker girls that day! We can't believe our baby is going to be 2. She has felt like a big kid for quite some time now since she's so big and tall. I'm so glad I thoroughly enjoyed her cuteness when she was still a baby. Lilly is roughly 35.5" tall and 32 lbs and aaaallll sass! She's speaking in 5-7 word sentences now, learning more Chinese every day, starting to manipulate Abby to get her way, LOVES playing outside, continues to eat us out of house and home and working on her numbers. Her party was Hello Kitty themed and I actually made this cake for her party! I was quite shocked that I pulled this off and I hope to make it again one day. We were only missing Ruby, Kirk & Lucy! Let's get on to the pictures!
Evidence that I have some artistic talent. Not much, but some.
Homemade cinnamon glazed donuts.
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!
And yes, she's wearing the same dress Abby wore for her 2nd birthday party. I just really love this dress and Abby really loved it too. She wore it for her first school picture that year as well.
Throw Back: Abby at her 2nd birthday party that coincided with Easter, hence the coveted chocolate bunny. After looking back at these pictures, we all noticed how much they really look like sisters. ♥
My attempt to get a picture of us birthday girls!
Nothing cuter than chubby fingers and Hello Kitty tattoos!
Lilly has always liked toys that make noise when you push a button. See the intense concentration?
"Reading" a card. :)
Grandma & Grandpa's card came with a birthday girl crown but someone was more interested in the gold Hallmark sticker than the crown!
Gift opening chaos! Look at that happy smile! Makes me happy to see it. :)
Willow wanted in on the action too!
It sounds cliche but I was thrilled to get a new toaster oven for my birthday. Our current toaster oven is 12 years old with one foot in the grave. And apparently Willow and Lilly were equally thrilled with the oven as they were each pulling with all their might! It was quite a sight to see!
I didn't get a picture of the cake with the candle in it but here is Lilly anxious to get her piece!
Grandma, Grandpa & the girls!
I couldn't get these girls to look into the camera and smile with the cake in front of them. But I knew that was going to happen!
BIG BITE!
Lao Nian, Lao Yie, Willow & the girls! Thanks everyone for coming out and celebrating with us!


1 comment:
Happy birthday girls!
Post a Comment