Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lilly Update

I realized the other day that I don't post any Lilly updates like I did with Abby at certain milestones.  Or I did, I just got behind.  Poor 2nd child.  So a while back, her 9th tooth came out.  This is terrible but I'm not even sure if it was her right or left incisor.  So there's that.  She and Abby are going through some serious growth spurt.  Abby's gained almost 2 lbs since her 4 year old well check at the end of April.  And I'm not sure how much Lilly's gained but I know that she fits her 18 months clothes right now and will probably outgrow them in a month.  And her feet at HUGE.  But that's no surprise - she takes after me in that department.

Lilly has really started to talk a lot too.  I love this age - the comprehension of their little brains are more and more evident in every day activities.  As with Abby, I talk about what I'm doing with Lilly for every day things.  For example, when I change her clothes in the morning, I tell her what I'm doing, why I picked that outfit out, I tell her which leg to put into which leg hole, same with the arm holes, I count out loud the snaps I snap on her rompers, etc.  And now when I count the buttons/snaps, she knows!  I say "One..." and she'll say "two!" and then I finish with "three."  It's great!  Abby did the same when she was little.  Lilly's bilingual just like Abby too.  I can speak to Lilly in all Chinese and she knows what I'm saying.  I love that.  Lilly is still all muscle.  She and Abby couldn't be more different in that aspect.  Every day by mid-afternoon, Lilly is a complete sweaty mess from head to tippy toe.  She is ALWAYS on the move so she's just gross and sticky all the time.  The only people it seems to bother is me and Bryce.  She (and Abby) could care less.  We used to give Abby baths every other day at this age but we can't with Lilly.  She won't sit still in the bath tub either.  I know it's all relative but we call her our crazy baby because that's what she is to us.  And I wouldn't change her for the world.  I absolutely LOVE this age. Love it.

Lilly also has a mean streak.  I'd say 99% of the time she's a uber happy girl on the go but when she doesn't get her way or if Abby takes something out of her hand, she can mean mug with the best of them and her angry cry face surfaces.  And let's not forget the crocodile tears!  She throws her little arms back and yell/cries.  It's HILARIOUS!  I'm sure seeing me smile, laugh and "aawww" at her only makes her more upset but I can't help it!!  I think both she and Abby have the cutest "mean/mad" faces!  ♥

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the Baker house is currently temporarily quarantined until they all recover.  Here are a few pictures from around the house these last few days.  We may venture out tomorrow just to get some fresh air.

Poor, sick Thing 1 & Thing 2.

More sick cuddling after their nap.  What a sad pair!

One of Lilly's many nicknames is "Muscles" because that's all you feel on her and before her bath today, I decided to take some pictures of her.  Like most kids, she's going through a belly button phase where she's always poking at it.  And this is a good example of her ever constant tippy toe walk/stance.

The tip toeing makes it worse but Lilly doesn't really "walk" per say, she likes to charge where ever she's going.  This is a perfect picture demonstrating her preferred gear.  Like I said before, she has her Daddy's head/face and my body neck down.
Ruby - see what I mean about her shoulders looking like our baby pics?

Look at her hair!!!  I don't have much to say about this picture - I just like it.  :)

This is the face I love to see!  She looks just like Bryce when she smiles like this.  ♥♥
Look at those beautiful eyes.  I'm in love!

And this is my sedentary one.  I came back from putting Lilly to bed and this is what I find.  It's quiet in the living room and she's cozying up to a book.  I love this about Abby.  Thank goodness she's on the mend now too.

1 comment:

Ruby and Matt said...

cute ones of Lilly!!!!!! Abby actually looks small in the last picture but I'm sure it's the angle. the sick photos look pretty pathetic...haha!