Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

So much going on...

First of all, Happy Father's Day!  I'd like to thank my daddy for helping me these past few months since Lilly has been born.  I'm sure Bryce and Abby would also like to thank you for allowing me to catch up on sleep during the day so that I'm somewhat more tolerable to be around.  :P  And of course, Happy Father's Day to Bryce who is a wonderful father to 2 beautiful girls who love their daddy very much.  :)

Typically when I don't post for a while, it's because not much has been going on.  But this time, we've had so much going on, I just haven't found the time to blog!  So here is my attempt to catch up.  I will begin with some updates.

Abby looks more and more like a 4 year old.  Her imagination has exploded and we get to benefit by hearing the most hilarious, nonsensical stories spewing nonstop out of her little mouth.  Not only is Abby simply beginning to talk/sing more, but throw a newborn into that pile and Bryce and I have definitely noticed the average decibel level has sky rocketed in the Baker household.  Abby is enjoying her summer so far of having fun and sleeping in.  Sometimes the 3 of us (me, Abby and Lilly) don't wake up until 10 AM.  It's awesome.  Lilly is getting stronger by the day.  Her freakishly strong neck is only getting stronger (you'll see pics down below), her eyes can follow us around, she continues to coo and my favorite, she breaks into a beautiful, genuine smile whenever she sees me!  I've taken over a dozen videos just in the last week of her cooing and smiling - I just can't get enough!  Now onto some pictures....

Before pictures.
This is kind of a big deal.  On June 9, 2012, Abby had her first official haircut.  She's had her bangs cut before but this time it was a slight trim to the back of her hair.  I wanted it to look a bit tidier for Kirk and Lucy's wedding since she's going to be the flower girl.

I felt like her hair looked extra long with the apron on.  Getting her hair cut was a big deal because Abby is really attached to her hair (no pun intended).  She's an incessant hair twirler and it's not just with her own hair; she loves to play with my hair too.  It's sort of a security thing for her so she was a bit trepidatious about how much hair would be cut off.  But I reassured her it was just going to be a little bit and that if she got it cut, it would grow back faster.  Then all was well and we proceeded. 

Here we go!!

She was starting to get antsy in the seat.

We're almost done...!

And now we're done!  This isn't a good picture because this little girl was tired of sitting still.

This is a random picture of Lilly and her Daddy just hanging out.  :)

This is a typical day when my dad comes over to help out.  Both my girls just love sleeping on my dad's shoulder.  I think it's just a comfortable shape to sleep on.

Who says work and play don't mix?  My mom is on a business call while "talking" to Lilly.  If you coo at Lilly, she will now coo back at you.  It's too cute!

I mentioned before that Lilly has a strong neck.  She's been doing this since she was 2 months old!  :)

Check out that hair!  She can now rotate herself  about 90 degrees while laying on her tummy.  And look, she's still got dark blue eyes.

She also stands pretty well.  Her back is a lot stronger than Abby's at that age.

I recognize those chubby legs.  They are an exact replica of mine from my baby pictures.  Down to the toes. Lilly is now 100% breast fed.  This is all still new to me so I can't help but to be proud of each chubby roll on her body.  :)

We spent the first part of Saturday at Kirk and Lucy's house.  We got to meet Lucy's parents and sister and they made homemade dumplings for lunch.  It was delicious and we had a lot of fun getting to know each other.  Lucy took better pictures than I did which I will post soon!  This is the only good picture I had.  Three generations of strong willed, stubborn women - ha!

Then we came home and spent the evening with Grandpa and Grandma to continue all the family fun times.  Lilly got a lot of use out of her first dress.  :)

Bryce got a stand to put his chimney starter on that the girls decorated.  :)  Lilly just has her little foot print on it and Abby painted the rest (the green and orange is a house and the yellow is a cheese sandwich - haha!).  Happy Father's Day, Bryce!  We love you!

No comments: