I just wanted to give a shout out to my mom, largely my dad and my in-laws for helping us out so much since Lilly was born 7 weeks ago. My dad has come to my house almost every day M-F since Lilly was born to play with Abby (so she doesn't feel so neglected while I tend to Lilly), help me watch Lilly while I drop/pick Abby up from school, cover for me during my dentist appointments and Abby and Lilly's doctor's appointments and just general errands that need to be run. Both he and my mom have also been cooking delicious (and some not-so-delicious yue zhe food - some of y'all know what I'm talkin' about!) for me to eat which will benefit Lilly while I nurse. But perhaps the most helpful thing my dad does while over during the day is allow me to nap while Lilly naps so that I can attempt to stay sane. And Grandma and Grandpa have been great about watching Abby once in a while on the weekend to give Bryce and I a small break.
Another huge benefit with my Dad coming over is that Abby's Chinese has improved and she loves to sing the songs from her book of Chinese Children's songs (thank you Lao Yi!). Thankfully the book has zhu ying fu hao or else I'd
never be able to read it all. But, shamefully, there are still a lot of words I don't know the meaning to. Here's a conversation I have had multiple times with Abby about the book:
Abby: Mommy, what's that word mean?
Mommy: I'm sorry. I don't know, Xiao Xiao. You'll have to ask Lao Yie the next time he's here.
It's so embarrassing...so I'm having to re-learn too. :) These pictures are a glimpse into my day hanging out with my dad and occasionally with my mom too. We typically drop Abby off at Grandma and Grandpa's so unfortunately I don't have any pics with them....yet!
My dad dutifully "eating" whatever concoction Abby cooked up in her kitchen while holding Lilly.
Lao Nian and Lilly
Abby singing and following along in the Chinese song book.
My dad is known as Mr. Sandman around babies. He can always get them to sleep and they love to lay on him. It's pretty sweet. :)
A close up of my cutie pie. :)
You can see how Lilly's hair sticks up just like Abby's did.
No comments:
Post a Comment