Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Catching up

Once again it's been a while since my last post.  I don't know where to start again so I'm just going to sift through my pictures and start from where I left off.  To begin with, Bryce was out of town last week so I packed up my girls and we spent a night in Pearland with Lao Nian and Lao Yie.  It was Lilly's first of many visits to their house.  :)

Mei Mei right where she likes to be.

I love that Abby likes to eat Chinese ling shi (junk food) just like me.  She LOVES eating you yu shi...just like me!

And she also loves to eat RIIIBBSS!!

Last Wednesday Abby had her 3 year well check and she did great!  There were many firsts: first time to have her blood pressure taken with a small pressure cuff, first time to have a vision test and first time there were no shots!  And as for the obligatory stats, she's 39" tall (85%) and 37.4 lbs (93%).  She's grown 4" since her 2 year well check!  

For some reason the pic won't rotate but this is Abby getting her blood pressure taken.  She didn't like how the cuff was squeezing her.

In an effort to be fair, we realized we hadn't taken any bath time pictures for Lilly so here it is!  Shhh...don't tell her she's using Abby's monogrammed monkey towel from Ruby a-yi.  :P

Haha, poor Lilly!  All Abby wanted to do was hold her.  We're still working on that....  :)

Tummy time!  Everything you've seen on or around Lilly used to be Abby's, including this tummy time mat.  Lilly wasn't too thrilled about it but Abby has been playing with it non-stop since we busted it out.

Abby trying to show Lilly all the neat things about the mat.

I love sleeping baby pictures.  Can't get enough.

When the weather warmed up this past Saturday, Abby got to swim for the first time this summer at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I have no idea why she posed like this but I'm glad I got it on camera - she looks silly!

I can't leave without a quick update on Lilly's progress.  She's 6 weeks and 1 day old now and the only surprising thing about her so far is her neck is freakishly strong already.  She has been able to flip her head around while lying on her tummy for about a week now.  Although she is smaller than Abby was at this age, she is definitely stronger and more wiggly.  She continues to be a snacker which means less sleep for us between meals.  But otherwise she's a sweet, sweet baby.  And Abby had her first dentist appointment today too and she did sooo well!  She really enjoyed getting her teeth cleaned and she looked like such a big girl.  :)

1 comment:

Ruby Baldwin said...

nice throw pillow at M&D, now i want to eat you yi shu, lilly's belly looks big in the pic abby is holding her and the sister pictures are cute! reminds me of the ones grace posts on fb.