Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Introducing the newest Baker....

Lilly Emma Baker
March 27, 2012
2:45 PM
6 lbs. 7 oz.
19.5"



The delivery was smooth as can be.  I went from 6.5 cm to 10 cm in a matter of minutes.  Then I literally pushed 3 times and Lilly came into our lives.  I still can't believe that I had such a small baby but my body appreciates it.  You can't see in these pictures but Lilly has a whole head of hair (more than Abby did) and it's a dark shade of brown.  Her eyes are also blue/gray like Abby's were in the beginning.  We can't help but to compare and we think Lilly looks a lot like her big sister!  Of course that may change but see for yourself on Abby's post almost 3 years ago.  

Lilly has a quiet cry that sounds so sweet.  She's taken to nursing really well already and she's a bit of a snorter when she sleeps.  :)  It sounds so cute!  Abby was thrilled to meet her mei mei and is already upset that I won't let her feed, hold and change her diaper just yet. I'm just glad Abby is so interested in participating in her sister's life. 

We will post more pictures in the next few days.  Right now it's time to finish recovering and catch up on some sleep.  But before we go, we wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your well wishes!  We have the best family and friends!

4 comments:

Amee said...

Omg..only you would blog the same day you eject a human from your body.

L said...

Ha ha! So true Amee! Congrats to the Bakers on the newest addition. So sweet!

Ruby and Matt said...

such a sweet picture of you and Lilly!!!

Linda Alyce said...

My college roommate has Lily and Abby. So that makes it very easy on me. Congrats on your little wonder.