Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Daddy Daughter Time

Happy Leap Day!  I wanted to try to post today since it's such a rare day.  :)

On Sunday I had a wonderful lunch with Kim and Janice at Tiny Boxwood (again, I had my camera but forgot to take a picture).  It was so much fun to catch up with my girls and have an adult outting.  It had been a while.  :)  While I was enjoying my migas and cinnamon roll with mint lemonade, Bryce and Abby were out buying mulch and plants for our 2012 garden.  By the time I got home, they were almost done and the garden looked great!!  We had 2 pepper plants that survived the summer heat last year and of course, our trusty ol' avocado tree that's miraculously still alive too.  Last year as I was de-weeding the garden, I accidentally ripped out all the sage (it looked like a weed to me!!).  Oopsie daisy - I'll have to be more careful next time.  :)

Different kinds of tomatoes, peppers, cucmber, etc.

View of whole garden.

Abby loves to help out her dad in any way possible; whether it's in the kitchen or outside.  It's so cute and reminds me of myself as a kid.  I was always getting up early to help my dad work on a car or clean the heater out or help build/assemble things or change the oil in a car or just run errands.  I don't really recall ever helping my mom out in the kitchen - go figure - that explains a lot about my lack of culinary skills now I suppose.  :P  But I love to watch the two of them spend quality time together since I feel like Abby and I get PLENTY of that during the week.  Other than having my face, Abby is a mini-me of her Daddy, especially when it comes to their personality and I love to watch them interact.  It's the battle of goofy wit vs. goofy wit.  :)

Every mother loves the sound of their baby laughing.  :)

As for Baby Baker #2, I'm currently 35 weeks and 4 days.  I have less than 4 weeks to go and the anticipation is killing me!  I cannot wait to meet our little girl and see what she looks like and learn what her personality will be like.  And I can't wait to see Abby and her mei mei interact as well.  I'm sure there will be a few obstacles to overcome in the beginning but I hope they grow to love each other's company like I do with my siblings.  As for me, I'm starting to get really uncomfortable.  Sleep is already evading me and it's just hard to get around or just walk/move.  Same song, different baby.  I'm just glad I'm not breaking out like a teenager like I did with Abby at this stage.  :P

And a quick note on Abby before I part - it's been a while and I need to be fair!  She's almost 38.5" tall (vs. 38" in early Dec 2011).  She seems to have skipped size 3T altogether and is in 4T already (and she's only 2 years and 10 months old!).  She's still in size 9 shoes and I still haven't cut her hair (besides the bangs early on).  She loves to sing all day, just like I always did as a kid.  She knows about 10-12 songs and even sings one in Chinese (lian zhe lou hu - two tigers).  It's so cute!!!  She still really enjoys school which I'm so thankful for.  She goes twice a week now but next year she'll be going 3 days a week and I know she's already excited about that.  :)  Bryce and I are THOROUGHLY enjoying the fact that she's potty trained.  Not only does it save money but it's just so much more convenient for us all.  She still wears a nighttime diaper but she has yet to pee in it at night.  She will actually wake us up and tell us she needs to potty in the middle of the night!  Pretty cool, if you ask me. 

I haven't been good about taking pictures this past week (too much effort to stand and get the camera, I suppose) but hopefully I get better about it.  I was told to cherish my alone time with Abby before #2 comes along and I fully intend to do that as I know our dynamic will change soon enough.  Until next time!

2 comments:

Ruby and Matt said...

man, they are pale!! :p i'm just used to seeing my dark skin (from sun here) and elliott's matching skin tone to me. very cute

L said...

Wow! Can't believe it's gardening time there already!! I'm jealous. We got more snow today.

You're just a few days away from 36 weeks, which is when Owen joined us. So close! Hang in there. And yes, enjoy the last few days/weeks of just having one! :)