Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Aussie Bound

Yesterday was a bittersweet day.  Ruby, Matt and Elliott caught their flight to Perth at 5:30 PM.  All the Chen's were there to send them off and they will be missed.  I don't think it will hit me until tomorrow how much I will miss my daily chats with Ruby on the phone that I now realize, I took for granted.  It started this morning.  I woke up and I heard the phone ring around 8:30 AM and I instinctively thought "it must be Ruby."  But alas, it wasn't.  And it won't be for a long time (what feels like an eternity to me already).  I've said it before and I'll say it again - the bond between twins is different than a regular sibling (no offense, Bobo!) or even your spouse.  Although we have entirely different personalities, I always feel like I'm half Ruby and she's half me.  You can't mention one of us without mentioning the other.  That's just the way it is.  And just like when she was in Nigeria for 16 months, I will have to endure people asking me how she is doing and be reminded once again how much I miss her.  But life goes on.  God bless Skype.

The Baldwin and Chen Family

I'm really going to miss this little guy.

3 comments:

Ruby Baldwin said...

thanks rosa!! i miss you a ton too. you will have to come visit!! internet is $$/hr so until we find a place, we may not skype often. matty293 is matt's skype account.

L said...

'Bye Ruby!!! Rosa, I can only imagine what it's like for you guys.

Amee said...

awwww. that was sweet. what about "no offense, amee" ????? :P