Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random update - it's been a while

I realized I haven't chronicled a lot of Abby's new anything in a while, which defeats the purpose of this blog all together!  This might be long winded so please feel free to skip down to the pictures.  :)  Here goes the list off the top of my head:

1.  Potty training - we sort of took the slow route where we just encourage her to go.  We started before the Taiwan trip and she would pee when she woke up in the morning and again when she woke up from her afternoon nap.  That all went straight out the window while in Taiwan for 2 weeks so we had to start all over.  What started out as a few pees a day has turned into 4-5 pees a day and she's been pooping in the potty for a few days now.  We are in the pull-ups phase and I am trying to teach her to take her own shorts and diaper off.  Perhaps I should have taught her that earlier - I forgot!  No matter, she still pees in the diaper 3 or 4 times a day but I'd say over 50% is in the potty and all the pooping is in the potty.  We are definitely using less diapers now, which is always a plus for the wallet.  Oh, and her reward for each excrement is JELLY BEANS! 

2.  We have been in full fledged sentence mode for a few weeks now.  We still get a couple fragmented sentences with incorrect grammar but we're slowly working on that too.  It's SO nice to know what is going on in that little head of hers.  She LOVES to sing and I think listening to the songs everytime we're in the car or even hanging out at home has helped improve her speech.  Her favorite thing to say incorrectly is "need want" as in "Mommy, need want to potty."  She still LOVES to read books.  I'm still reading about 10 books a day to her over and over. 

3.  She's been to her Gymboree Summer Camp class twice now and her teacher said she did better the second time.  Only cried a little and needs to be held/cuddled a lot in the beginning.  Seriously, no surprise there.  By the time they do their art work, she's all better. 

4.  Some stats - she's 32+ lbs now and really tall.  I need to measure her on her growth chart.  I'm assuming she's still in the 90%.  Yet she's still small enough to lie on my tummy like she did as a baby and I love it.  She's still in size 8.5 wide shoes and is outgrowing 2T and wearing 3T and sometimes even 4T now.  Wowzer - I can't even believe it.  She's starting to be all legs like her Daddy (and somewhat like me).  I still contend she'll be taller than me eventually.  My prediction is 5'9".  It's safe to assume her head still remains >98% like usual as well.

5.  Her likes - jelly beans, reading, shopping (Target, Costco, HEB, B&N (aka book store)), playing with her kitchen, playing outside with rocks and sticks (the best), helping Daddy with the garden, MILK, bread, CHEESE, noodles, goldfish and the oldie but goodie, Cheerios, swimming, any kind of art work and popsicles.

6.  Her dislikes - the process of going to sleep, tying her hair into a ponytail or anything besides a bow, for that matter, mangos and me holding anyone else's baby.

7.  She's been sleeping in her big girl bed (crib turned into toddler bed) for a few weeks now and she has yet to crawl out and wander around the house.  I got her a new crib sheet set and she actually sleeps with a comforter (instead of her baby blankets) and she uses a pillow and she looks like such a big girl!  The most exciting part for her is when she climbs in and out of bed by herself.  We are not allowed to help her or we get "No, I do it!"  Lately she's been napping in our bed (on Daddy's side) and sleeping in her big girl bed at night. 

8.  Her latest obsession is with all the Disney princesses.  I try to avoid all the princessy stuff but since I'm a huge Disney freak, it was inevitable.  I just don't like calling her a princess and I'm totally anti-tutu type stuff.  I guess that's the tomboy part of me.  But I've been collecting Disney DVD's for about 15 years now so you name it, I've probably got it and Abby will watch an entire movie.  Her attention span rocks.  Having said all that, she still loves to play with toy cars.

9.  Most importantly, Abby can now do the Hook'em Horns sign with both hands while she says Texas Longhorns!!  We are sooo ready for football season to start!

On to random pictures from the past week or so.  It's been a lot of Abby and me time since our return from Spain.  She's still quite clingy but part of that is because Bryce was out of town again this week.

Hook'em!

Rare photo of me and Abby.

Bryce and Abby napping when he returned from Europe.  One was napping and one was jet lagged.  :)

I take pictures of her with all of her art work which will eventually all go in a Snapfish photo book.  This is one of her t-shirts from Spain.

We really like this hand print.  It's been a while since one of these.

Pool day at Grandparents house last Satruday.  Eating a blue popsicle while it melts/drips down her arm to her legs.  Nothing a little dip back in the pool couldn't clean.  :)

Abby's Lion puppet

Painted animal crackers glued on paper to continue the Circus theme.

Big girl bed.  :)

2 comments:

Ruby and Matt said...

she looks so proud of her art work!!!!! her legs look just like yours!

L said...

Hook 'em! Love the artwork smiles. :)