Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend, Toddler Bed

First, here's a random pictures of my baby taking her afternoon nap in the "big bed" (aka our bed).  She kind of got used to this while we were in Taiwan and well, as you know by now, she can sleep just about anywhere.  She loves to sleep on "Daddy's side!"

I surround her with about 10 pillows...just to be safe.  :)

I started off the long weekend by making chocolate chip cookies from scratch.  It's Alton Brown's Chewy Chocolate Chip recipe which I've made before and LOVE.  And I don't even really like chocolate.

Waiting patiently...

Ta-da!

On Saturday we hung out with Grandma and Grandpa and of course, we had to take a dip in the pool!  Our little Abby can swim/float in her floatie completely unassisted!  She has SO much fun swimming and subsequently takes wonderful naps in the afternoon.  Here are a few pics from the afternoon!

Wheee!!!

Swimming/floating to Grandma!  Such a big girl!

Kick!  Kick!  Kick!
Just look at the determination in her face!

Then we spent Sunday at the Baldwin's with Lao Nian, Lao Yie and Jo Jo.  With each visit comes improvement on both Abby and Elliott's as far as sharing and playing well together.  Hooray for our cute cousins!  We brought Abby's little pool so Elliott could splash around outside for the first time.  At first he was a little weary but he later warmed up and the 2 had lots of fun!

After explaining to Elliott that this is just like bath time, which he loves, he started playing with his toys and all was well.

I'm not sure how independent play works in a 5' diameter pool but they made it work.

This picture is blurry but he looks so cute!

Is it obvious that grandbabies are always the center of attention?  :)

If you are wondering how Elliott's hair got wet, it's because Abby poured water on it with one of the cups.  Bad bao bao!

This is what a defiant Abby-face looks like when she deliberately does something I tell her not to do.  In this case, it was to stop pouring water either on Elliott or outside of the pool.

Elliott finally stood up and was super excited! 

It was time to go back inside and play, play, play!
Ruby - don't his legs remind you of your baby pictures?

And lastly, since Abby's been on a "big bed" kick, we decided to transition her crib into the toddler crib and it was a success!  She is currently snoozing away like a big girl *sniff, sniff* and we are so proud of her!  I'm very curious what tomorrow morning will bring.  Will she hop out of bed before I get her?  Will she stay put like usual and call for me to get her?  We'll see!

We had to rearrange the furniture in her room a bit as well but this is what her bed looks like now!  Looks like I need to get a new bed set or at least a new blanket and pillow for her.

3 comments:

Ruby Baldwin said...

very cute!!!!!!! i love the cousin pictures!!!!!! and yes, elliott does look alot like me. i just hope he ends up at least 6 inches taller. can't wait to see her big bed in person! let me know how she does this morning.

L said...

So.... how'd she do? I've heard interesting stories from others that have made the transition! Hope it was golden for you. Cute pool pics!

The Bakers said...

L - she did well! i still have to wake her up in the mornings so we haven't had any wondering around aimlessly moments (yet). she also has not fallen out yet either.