Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

St. Arnold One Pot Showdown

First of all, Happy Chinese New Year!  Gong Xi Fa Tsai!

This year was the 4th Annual St. Arnold One Pot Showdown and Bryce and 2 homebrew buddies participated with a dish/pot called Cabrito Borracho (Drunken Goat) which is a delicious goat stew made with St. Arnold Elissa and Stout.  YUM!  Their team name was Goat Boyz.  :)  It was a family affair as my parents, Ruby's family and in-laws, my in-laws and of course, Abby and I, came to support the Goat Boyz and taste all the other food as well.  Luckily by the time we arrived, the rain stopped so we were good to go.  I had fun making the signs for them the night before too (thanks cricut!).  They even got a picture taken of their booth on chron.com and a close up of the goat dish on houstonpress.com!  Here are a few pictures from the day.  Although they did not place, we'll definitely make this an annual event!

The signs!

The Goat Boyz!

The set up.  Abby really liked playing with the donkey pinatas.  :)

These were the samples for everyone to try.  And no, that's not tofu, it's queso fresco!

Ruby and Matt just ran the half marathon in the morning and Elliott found a comfortable place to rest his little head.  :)

This was the best cousin picture we could get.  :P

The rest of these pictures are random Abby pictures.  I can confidently say that Abby is now having bonafide convsersations with us and it's now officially impossible to track all of her new words as it's exponentially exploded.  This is such a fun new phase!  She's been extra cuddly lately too so my cup runneth over.  *sigh*

It's safe to say I take about 99% of the pictures and this is a rare photo taken by Bryce.  Not bad!

About once a week, Abby takes her afternoon nap in the pop up tent.  Yup, she's definitely part Chen.  :)

This picture made me wonder.  I remember seeing my parent's older cars in the background of my childhood pictures and I always asked them what make/model it was and what ever happened to the car.  I wonder if Abby will ask the same about my beloved Volvo.  I still fantasize about this being her first car.  She'll be the only kid driving a car from the 1990's!!  A mom can dream...

I just like this picture.  :)

3 comments:

Ruby and Matt said...

cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amee said...

excellent post!!! love the cousin pic! the food pics remind me of top chef! I see you gave Abby heart leggings...i think you are only buying clothes that you wish you could have. :P

The Bakers said...

um, guilty as charged. wish i had LOTS of abby's clothes. it really IS like dressing a doll! :)