Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Silly Baby

We had a fun experience today.  The heater went out sometime during the night and it was 65 deg F in the house when I woke up.  Did you know if you call your home warranty and tell them your heater is out and you have a baby in the house, then they will escalate your claim to an "emergency" status and you get immediate service?  It's awesome - thanks Xiao Xiao!  We were back in business (and were finally able to shed a few layers of clothes) by 1 PM so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Poor Xiao Xiao looked like a little oompa loompa all morning.  :) 

Because of the colder weather lately, we've been indoors more.  Luckily we have a ton of new toys from Christmas to keep Abby busy.  We've had some fun around the house and here are a few pictures from the last few days.
Her newest learned alphabet letter is "Y" and she finds a lot of branches/sticks on the ground shaped like a "Y" so that's our new game.  She can spell her name now!

Putting Abby to work.  I hate picking those little newspapers up.  They always throw them in obscure places and 9 times out of 10, we drive over them, it rains, turns into paper mache and we just wait for another rain to wash the remaining debris away.  We are terrible.

Once again, I'm in my pjs but we were cuddling and I love it!  :)

My dad spent the day with us today and Abby had lots of fun reading with her Lao Yie!

Abby was doing all she could to delay her nap but it looked like she was losing the battle here.  :)

Title:  In and Out
This is funny and disgusting at the same time but this picture is titled "In and Out" because Abby is simultaneously drinking her milk and dropping a deuce.  That's all I'm going to say. 

It's midnight now but I just got done reading a wonderful, wonderful book.  It's called The Elegance of the Hedgehog, written in French and translated into English for our benefit.  I'm not one for writing book reviews but here are my two cents anyhow.  This book reads like poetry.  At times it gets a bit too philosophical for my liking but in the end, you understand why.  I always judge a book by what I feel the moment I read the last word and this book left me shocked yet deeply at peace.  It's a must read!