We had another eventful weekend and we just love, love, love that our happy little baby is back. :) First off, we spent Friday evening at Grandma and Grandpa's and Grandma is so good about reading to Abby! Btw, this is where Abby gets her red-tinted hair from. :)
At 4:30 AM on Saturday, we awoke to the oh-too-familiar sound of a transformer blowing and it was lights out for the Baker house! Fortunately it was only out for 9 hours so the fridge wasn't a complete disaster. On an unrelated note, my plans with Abby fell through for Saturday morning so we joined Bryce who had plans to brew beer at a friend's house (who had electricity - thank you Moss'!). Abby had fun helping Da-Da!
On Sunday I got Abby one of those bowls that suctions onto the table and we gave it a try. It was also my day to make food for Abby so she's eating sweet potatoes and seems to like the bowl! It's not fool proof though - Abby is strong enough to pull the bowl up and unsuction it. Oh well, better than nothing!
Abby's new trick is to make 'bbrrbbrrbbrrth' noises with her mouth - it's sooo funny! I'm not sure who taught her this so I'm not sure who deserves the credit. She's been doing this all day and she makes herself laugh too! Endless entertainment...
Now onto the reason why I'm wide awake now. For some reason Abby just decided to stay up and play until 12:45 AM ish and while she usually falls asleep in my arms, she decided to keep squirming so I laid her next to me on the couch and the next thing I knew, she was sound asleep! She fell asleep with toy in hand - too cute! Tomorrow should be interesting....wish me luck! :)


3 comments:
so happy looking!
I think I would shoot myself in the head if Audrey stayed up that late!!! What else is Abby eating these days? I'm starting to run out of food ideas.....
oh believe you me, she was on schedule to go to sleep at 10 PM. i never claimed she was a sleeper (just an eater)! i don't know how to force her to sleep either and she was perfectly content playing so that's just what she decided we would do. :P let's hope this phase passes quickly...
Post a Comment