Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Brooklyn Wedding Weekend

We have been planning for this trip for months now.  I mean, I have been planning for this trip for months now.  Only Abby and I made the trip and Bryce stayed home with Lilly.  She's not very travel  friendly and this freed Abby and I up to stay out later and enjoy the events better.  Abby's sweet Aunt Sarah asked her to be the flower girl at her wedding in Brooklyn, NY this past weekend.  Abby has been looking forward to it for so long since this was her 2nd time to do the honors and she already knew what the task entailed.  I'm proud to say she did a WONDERFUL job and Aunt Sarah and Uncle Ben's wedding was absolutely beautiful.  The Statue of Liberty was in the backdrop of the wedding venue, the food was delicious, the guests were all dressed to the nines and the bride and groom looked lovely.  Abby and I even had time to grab a quick lunch with my cousin and her family.  The kids were so sweet together and it's always great to see family.  :)

But 6 days before our trip, I was pulling weeds and dead plants from our garden in flip flops and a huge ~40 lb limestone brick fell on my left big toe.  It was epic.  I bled a puddle on the driveway, Bryce ushered the girls inside, a sweet neighbor came over to watch them and Bryce whisked me to the ER.  Hours later, I found out I fractured the tip of my toe, killed the nail and got a really deep gash under the cuticle (hence all the bleeding).  I dropped a couple of F-bombs but otherwise it wasn't that painful.  So this meant I limped my way through Brooklyn and had to change my pre-planned wedding wardrobe because nothing, I mean nothing, goes well with a medical boot.   

Q1: the culprit limestone brick
Q2: ruined flip flops
Q3: bleeding while in ER waiting room
Q4: all wrapped up at home

My cousin Caroline and I in downtown Brooklyn.   :)

My cousin's 3 kiddos and Abby!  All mixed kids and all beautiful!

Goofy Abby striking a pose at the Rehearsal Dinner.

Uncle Gary, Aunt Karen, Abby, Grandpa & Grandma at Rehearsal Dinner.  Good looking group!

This trip was particularly fun for Abby and me because it was just the two of us and we got to spend so much quality time together.  It was so nice not having to worry about diapers, sippy cups, etc.  Just me and my super sweet big girl.  We sort of spoiled each other all weekend!  ♥

Abby and her Grandpa!
She must have asked him to tell her 5 million stories and he obliged every time.  :)  That's the life of a Grandpa, I guess!

Abby watching Aunt Sarah get her hair and make-up done.
SO much fun for a 4 year old little girl to watch!

Then it was Abby's turn to get her hair done!

Who sings out loud while patiently waiting to get her hair curled?  This little girl of mine!  Both hair dressers thoroughly enjoyed it and said no one has ever sang to them while they worked!

I'm so jealous of those Shirley Temple curls!

This was before the tiara was worked into her hair.

The price of beauty: having bobby pins stuck into your hair.  :)

And the final product!  I don't like the term princess but that's exactly what she looked like that day.  I was so proud of my sweet Abby.

Sarah had on a beautiful vintage inspired wedding dress.  I didn't get a picture of the groom but everyone looked so great and I can't wait to see the wedding photographer's pictures.  He took some close ups and great pictures of Abby all dolled up too.

For some reason a FDNY fire truck was parked right outside of our hotel as we were waiting for our cab so I just HAD to take a picture with Abby.

Look who got gold wings on our flight back home?  She got a freshly baked cookie too.  :)
See the bags under her eyes?  It was a precursor to the next picture...

My poor baby passed out on the couch when we got home.  She was able to make it to school the next day but by the time she came home, she had a nasty high fever.  Aaaannnnd, now we know she has the flu.  She must have caught something while in NY.  Nothing a little Tamiflu and R&R can't fix.

2 comments:

VmarksTheSpot said...

Adorable! So glad you and Abby got to spend that special quality time together. Hope your toe is healing well and not giving you too much trouble!

L said...

Such a fun trip w/o baby stuff! I can't wait for that stage. Hope your toe is better. We are suffering through the flu at our house too. Get well Abby!