Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yep, it's happened....

...I had a second baby and I fell behind on blogging.  A slew of new things have been going on in the Baker Family since my last post so I'm just going to cut to the chase and post pictures.

Our 7 year anniversary snuck up on us this year (my birthday, the birth of Lilly, then BAM - we both knew April 2nd had some significance!).  So Bryce prepared one of my favorite meals.  What you don't see is the prime NY strip, grilled garlic ciabatta and a bottle of our favorite wine, Turley.  It was delicious and Abby loved it all too!

Abby loving up on Lilly.  She is always wanting to help out and gets upset when we don't let her.  We are in the beginning stages of watching them interact and it's pretty fascinating already.

I can either call this picture "Nostril Shot" since you can see clear up both my girl's noses or I can call it "Happy Daddy" since he's got his 2 girls in his arms and he's CLEARLY got this dad thing down with my hospital grade breast pump and hospital jug-O-water in the background.

A close up of Mei Mei at 1 week old.

Bryce and Abby dying Easter eggs!

Us trying to get a normal smile out of Abby.  We take what we can get!  :P

Ta-da!  16 marbled Easter eggs!

I took so many pictures of Abby like this in my lap so I had to do the same for Lilly.

Abby hunting for Easter eggs at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  She had sooo much fun!

Can't hunt for Easter eggs without some bunny ears!

Our sad attempt at getting an Easter picture with both girls in their bunny ears.  Hopefully Grandma got a better picture!

This is what an almost 3 year old looks like after crashing hard from a jelly bean and chocolate induced sugar rush.  Nothing could have woken this girl up.

Lilly is so little!  She's 2.5 weeks old here and snug as a bug in a rug lying on her daddy.  :)

Can't take a picture of the little one without including the big one!  :)

Look at my strong lemon squeezer go!  She was helping me make homemade lemonade from the lemon's from my mom's backyard.  Those lemons are AWESOME!  I got a whole cup of juice from just 2 lemons!!

Profile shot of Lilly.  She definitely looks more like Bryce.  And people always tell me Abby looks like me so I guess we got one of each.  :)

This was awesome.  One night Abby MIRACULOUSLY fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 PM (3 hours earlier than usual) and Lilly was asleep too.  Bryce and I couldn't get over how quiet the house was...

I took this picture after we gave Lilly a bath.  I was trying to capture the color of her hair.  It's definitely darker than Abby's but it's not black.  It's some sort of hybrid medium/dark brown.  Her eyes are still blue gray as of today too.  I can't leave without posting her 2 week stats from a week ago.  
19.5" tall (21%)
7 lbs 7 oz (24%)
34 cm head circumference (10%)
Lilly's birth height was recorded at 19.5" but she was actually only 18.75".  It took Lilly 2 weeks to get close to Abby's birth size.  Only Abby had a MUCH bigger head.  Lilly's our little peanut!

No comments: