Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mr. Bear, Recaro, FW weekend

It's been a while since my last post. We spent the weekend in FW but I'll get to that in a bit. Abby is now 16 weeks and 5 days old (or 1 week from turning 4 months). She has changed so much, even in the last 2 weeks. For one, she's eating 6 ounces instead of 5 now. The great thing is she's been sleeping through the night for over a week now. She will literally fall asleep between 10:30 and midnight and not get up until 6:30 AM or even 10 AM sometimes. It's amazing. Everyone told us the first 2 weeks were hard and things would get better by 3 months and it's so true. But due to all the sleeping, Abby has managed to rub little bald spots into the sides of her head. She's still got plenty of hair to go around - it's just super mullety (made that word up) now. :P We tried to do a comb over but the top hairs continue to grow straight up. Her eyes have lost the slight blue-ish hint that they had and it's settling into a light brown color (lighter than my brown eyes). Her hair color is still a mystery depending on the lighting. We sort of did a rough weighing of her and she's about 13.5 pounds now and has definitely grown taller. I love that she's still small enough to cuddle on your chest or burrow into your neck. Abby is getting really good at following objects with her eyes and has a substantially longer attention span than just a few weeks ago. I think the best part is that she actually laughs now rather than just cute smiles. The laughs are priceless. :) Daddy's really good at belly tickles and we get the best laughs from that.

For those of you who don't know, I have my beloved bear from my childhood that I hope Abby will love playing with too. Now that she has started to grab at things and interact with objects, we decided to introduce them to each other and they were fast friends. Mr. Bear really loves Abby. :)


Abby got a new toy - a Recaro convertible car seat! We tested it out at home:

As I mentioned before, we made our first road trip with Abby to Fort Worth to celebrate Vik's 30th birthday. Abby did amazingly well on the way up and only cried for a bit on the way home. Here's another pic of her napping in the new Recaro.

During the birthday party, we discovered that Abby likes beach balls! Ruby a yi was moving the ball around and Abby was doing a great job of following the ball with her eyes. :)

Not only was it great fun as usual to be with the ol' college crew, but Abby also got to meet Jake for the first time!

Ruby & Jake:

Mommies & Babies:

We joked about how Jake looks like a little Bryce and Abby looks more like Katie so we took a "pasty family photo" :)

Baker family:

Dean family:

I like this picture of Ruby and her niece. :)

And lastly, Abby is finally taking interest in the mobile that has been hovering over her Pack N' Play this whole time.

That's it for now!

4 comments:

Ruby Baldwin said...

She looks so cute with Mr. Bear! I had a great weekend with her, and you guys too. She is super pasty next to me!!! I'm think I'm done with the sun this year.

Tabatha said...

I still can't get over the fact that her hair sticks straight up!!!

august said...

Abby was great to be around, (and you guys were too...) She's going to spoil how we think about babies.

Thanks for coming up this past weekend!

sharerie said...

what cute pictures :) I love that abby gets your childhood bear!