Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week 27 and Dresser

I'm officially one week away from beginning my 3rd trimester. :) I feel like the time is really flying by. Last Monday I found out I failed the first gestational diabetes test and I went in for the 2nd test last Friday. For the 2nd test, they draw blood from you 4 times in 3 hours. I surprised myself at how well I handled that since I'm such a needle-phobic. My poor vein was all angry by the end of it all and I still can't fully extend my arm comfortably - but I know this will pass. Something like 80% of the people who fail the first test end up passing the second test so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I get my results on Monday. Other than that, the baby is doing great and growing at the rate she is supposed to be growing so far. We can't wait to meet her!

We ordered a dresser that goes with the crib and we spent this morning assembling it. I LOVE assembling things. :) Bryce and I worked on it together and here is the final result.



I must say the instructions for the assembly of the dresser were poor. I would probaby give it a C- at best. They misnamed some parts (right was labeled left and vice versa), illustrations were inaccurate, a couple of steps were out of order, etc. By the end, we were a bit peeved but the end result was satisfactory. Unfortunately the crib has not been shipped so we're anxiously awaiting that next.

So far we've had a very productive weekend so I'm ready to relax and watch the Super Bowl tonight at home. The weather could not be any better either. :)

No comments: